Dr Mala Kapoor, Founder and Principal of SLPS can only be described as a ‘sui generis’ personality notable for her numerous achievements.
A leading light in the field of education her contributions have been far-reaching in bringing upon an invigorating academic change.
A globetrotter with the aim to imbibe invaluable lessons through exploring Dr Kapoor has travelled to more than 60 countries and is the only educationalist to have gone on an expedition to Antarctica.
Dr Kapoor won a National Award by NCERT in 1997 for her project on the methods of learning for pre-primary children.
In recognition of her exceptional calibre & outstanding contribution as an educationist, Dr. Kapoor has been conferred with many awards:
- ‘Bharat Excellence Award’ by Friendship Forum of India
- ‘Rising Personalities of India Award’ by International Penguin Publishing House,
- Best teacher’s award by Lion’s Club and Rotary Club etc.
- National Award by NCERT in 1997 for her project on the methods of learning for the pre primary children.
- 1st Intel Technology Award 2000 for the school in entire North India.
- Tripathga Saraswati Sammaan’ for her remarkable contribution in the field of education. The award presented by Allahabad University Old Students Association, Ghaziabad.
- Participated in women’s TSD car rallies organized by Times Group, PHD chamber of commerce and Jaypee Group and has come across a winner in all.
Dr Kapoor launched a special project ‘Green Clean Ghaziabad’ in 1993 with the motto ‘Plant Today To Live Tomorrow’ to inculcate environmental awareness in children at an early age.
She has also cut an audio CD on the environmental theme ‘The Green Wave’ featuring songs written, composed and sung by her. Her persistent dedicated efforts towards environment conservation along with the children of Silver Line School were acknowledged by the Centre for Science & Environment. The school was adjudged amongst the top 20 schools of the country and was awarded Green School Award.
A computer book series for classes I to VIII was written and published by the school under her motivation and guidance which was highly appreciated and is being used in a number of schools.
Her relentless efforts in pursuing her motto Education Beyond Tomorrow have placed Silver Line amongst the top ten schools in the Ghaziabad region.
Having successfully managed two primary branches and one secondary she is also involved in the management of the College of Education as Vice Chairperson of Silver Line Education Trust.
The unprecedented blow that the pandemic caused to the education system was adeptly managed due to Dr Kapoor’s ingenuity and experience. The transition to the digital method of teaching was done seamlessly without any delay.